• Breaking News

    Wednesday 26 June 2019

    Just finished watching Unbreakable/Split/Glass, I am saddened about what could have been.

    Just wanted to make sure whoever's reading this has seen all the movies in the trilogy due to spoilers.

    I just watched Glass and wanted to discuss my thoughts on Shyamalan's superhero "universe". So I had never watched Unbreakable or Split until a couple of nights ago. Unbreakable had its share of flaws, but overall I felt it was an interesting story with a unique perspective. I loved Split and was mesmerized by McAvoy's performance throughout. His character felt deep and believed in his metamorphosis of "the beast". The ending especially was exceptionally profound for me. That moment where he's just staring at Casey through the bars and says "Rejoice! The broken are the more evolved. Rejoice." felt like he was piercing through my soul. So I was exceptionally excited to see how the characters played out in Glass.

    Now I'm disappointed that I did, I was so bummed. By what they did with Kevin Crumb. He felt more like a stage act than he did a character with any sort of depth in this movie. Every time we see him he's flinging through personalities faster than you can blink, it just felt like "hey I don't know how to make this character seem interesting other than to throw a bunch of characters at you to eat away at the movies play time". When he finally had a more stable setting, the characters just didn't carry the same sense of belief that they did in Split. Mr. Glass was decent enough and served to progress the plot well enough and David was alright, though I felt he suffered from not having enough screen time to develop his psychological insecurities (i.s his wife's death). It felt like there were a lot of good ideas, but they were only half finished and it felt infuriating because it could have been something great, but it just ended up feeling half baked. There should have been another movie in between this to flesh out the ideas more or something. It all just felt so janky.

    submitted by /u/Gearfrii
    [link] [comments]

    from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/31XGtoX
    via gqrds

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Annotated Opening Credits of Zack Snyder's WATCHMEN

    submitted by /u/TheRaffe16 [link] [comments] from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/2LObB4H via gqrds hello frie...