• Breaking News

    Saturday 29 June 2019

    Spike Lee’s Controversial “Do The Right Thing” Back in Theaters for 30th Anniversary.

    I was ecstatic to see this film to come back into theaters, so of course I bought a ticket. I was very sad to see that the only seats taken were mine, a friend, and one man in the front. This being my first “full” viewing of the film, I found that this is an EXTREMELY important film to see in today’s political climate. I was searching for a political stance in the film, and was somewhat confused. That was the beauty of this film. I realized after some thought that, there is no REAL “one side or the other” stance. Because it is a gray area. Between being called “Do The Right Thing” and the final two quotes from both Malcom X and MLK, it left me thinking that there is no “right thing”, instead it is all circumstantial. There is no black and white answer.

    TL;DR: “Do The Right Thing” is back in theaters. It is still extremely applicable to today’s political issues. Please go see it if you have the chance.

    submitted by /u/adiohater57
    [link] [comments]

    from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/2FEolHi
    via gqrds

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Annotated Opening Credits of Zack Snyder's WATCHMEN

    submitted by /u/TheRaffe16 [link] [comments] from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/2LObB4H via gqrds hello frie...