• Breaking News

    Saturday 22 June 2019

    The matrix still stands up in 2019

    My wife and I just finished watching the movie for the first time ever 20 years after it was released.

    I seriously cannot believe neither of us had seen it before. It was such a great movie.

    I always sort of wrote it off as a cheesy kungfu movie and figured I knew the plot well enough that I didn't need to watch it. I think somehow despite knowing certain aspects of the plot I would say ultimately I knew surprisingly little about what actually takes place outside of a handful of scenes.

    The plot was amazingly paced with so many interesting aspects that I am sure were a first for 1999.

    The action, although a little cheesy at parts, was surprisingly still heart racing. The shoot out in the lobby was probably my favorite part of the entire movie.

    The acting I feel was really good. I found myself especially enthralled whenever Laurence Fishburne was speaking. The way he delivered a very confident and mysterious character who still somehow made you question whether he was right or not was just incredible to me

    That's not even to mention all of the technical aspects of the movie. So many times I found myself asking " How in the world did they shoot this in 1999?" Obviously by our standards today with massive budgets for movies it is not as striking, but to think this was filmed 20 years ago and it still holds up is insane. I couldn't believe how well they did. Obviously some CGI was question but I have to give it a pass.

    I've never seen the other movies in the series but I really want to despite the third movies infamy.

    If you are like me and have never seen the movie please do yourself a favor and watch it now. It was truly worth it.

    submitted by /u/Rapscallion94
    [link] [comments]

    from Movie News and Discussion http://bit.ly/2IwXXRo
    via gqrds

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Annotated Opening Credits of Zack Snyder's WATCHMEN

    submitted by /u/TheRaffe16 [link] [comments] from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/2LObB4H via gqrds hello frie...