• Breaking News

    Thursday 4 July 2019

    What’s acceptable behavior for a movie theatre?

    I see quite a few movies and I’ve had an argument with a friend lately. They say I’m being too critical and bitchy about other people.

    To me, watching a movie in theatres should be a mostly silent activity. If it’s a comedy, yes ok laugh at the jokes. If you wanna whisper one or two things to people you are with, sure go for it. However, in the past few years, I’ve been to a few movies where people have done the following which I think should all be grounds for kicking someone out

    Mind you, this is during the actual movie, I pretty much let whatever fly during previews.

    Texting on your phone.

    Answering a phone

    Talking at a normal volume/not whispering

    Adding your own commentary, making fun of the bad acting, sarcastic comments, etc. pretty much if you yell anything out, you’re an asshole

    Being way too over dramatic during scary movies. A gasp is fine. Going “OH MY GOD!!! AAAGHhhHhHh!!!!” At the top of your lungs is being an asshole.

    Unless you have a medical issue, getting up more than once is obnoxious. Even one time is disruptive but hey, we’ve all been there when you just gotta go.

    Asking someone to move when it’s a theatre with assigned/reserved seating. You’re party of 9 couldn’t get 9 seats in a row, so you expect me to move from the middle of the isle down to the end? No.

    Leaving your trash at your seat. I honestly talked to a friend of a friend who thought it was completely acceptable and what you’re “supposed to do”. When the movies over, take your damn trash and throw it out. I’m not saying get on your hands and knees and pick up popcorn you may have dropped, but don’t leave the bag/soda cup etc there. Also, if you managed to drop more than a handful of popcorn in one movie, you eat like a slob. I honestly don’t get how someone can leave that much popcorn behind.

    Don’t bring a baby or young out of control kids to a movie. I’m much more lenient on kids movies like toy story or something, but If I go see an R rated movie, or even some action pg 13 movie or something, you shouldn’t even have a baby with you to begin with because you know it’s gonna cry and tantrum the whole time. Also when it comes to kids like under 10, if they can’t sit still and quite for 2 hours, you shouldn’t bring them. No reason why I should be watching saw 5 in theatres and some 8 year old is freaking the hell out (yes, this happened, a mom brought her kid to watch saw 5 on opening weekend)

    So yah. My friend said I’m being so anal about it. I on the other hand say that I, as well as everyone else, paid 10-15 or even 20 bucks depending on the theatre to go out and see a movie and it shouldn’t be ruined by crappy behaviors. Granted, I would say 9 out of 10 trips to the theatre on enjoyable, but it does irk me when this stuff happens. I think people are being rude.

    Thoughts ??

    submitted by /u/thilonash
    [link] [comments]

    from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/30dwTwO
    via gqrds

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Annotated Opening Credits of Zack Snyder's WATCHMEN

    submitted by /u/TheRaffe16 [link] [comments] from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/2LObB4H via gqrds hello frie...